the limits of crypto and authentication

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Sat Jul 9 12:29:16 EDT 2005

To validate the transaction, a receipt could be sent to the user
encrypted by the server's public key.  If the receipt is correct, the
user enters their PIN to 'sign' the transaction.

I'm assuming an asymmetric authentication system here outside the
browser. The attacker would have to steal the user's private key, their
PIN and the server's private key, correct?

I know that if the PC is compromised anything is possible, but I think
this raises the bar significantly - perhaps to an unprofitably level.

--

Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.