DIMACS Workshop on Security of Web Services and E-Commerce

Linda Casals lindac at dimacs.rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 28 14:00:28 EST 2005

***CFP DEADLINE EXTENDED to Friday, February 11, 2005***

DIMACS Workshop on Security of Web Services and E-Commerce

     May 5 - 6, 2005
     DIMACS Center, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ

Organizer:

      Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft, bal at microsoft.com

Presented under the auspices of the Special Focus on Communication
Security and Information Privacy.

 The growth of Web Services, and in particular electronic commerce
activities based on them, is quickly being followed by work on Web
Services security protocols. While core XML security standards like
XMLDSIG, XMLENC and WS-Security have been completed, they only provide
the basic building blocks of authentication, integrity protection and
confidentiality for Web Services. Additional Web Services standards
and protocols are required to provide higher-order operations such as
trust management, delegation, and federation. At the same time, the
sharp rise in "phishing" attacks and other forms of on-line fraud
simply confirms that all our work on security protocols is for naught
if we cannot make it both possible and easy for the average user to
discover when a security property has failed during a
transaction. This workshop aims to explore these areas as well as
other current and future security and privacy challenges for Web
Services applications and e-commerce.

Participation:

The workshop will be open to the public (no submission is necessary to
attend but please register online). If you'd like to give a
presentation please send a title and abstract to:

 commerce2005 at farcaster.com by February 11, 2005.

Submissions may describe ongoing or planned work related to the
security of Web Services and electronic commerce, or they may discuss
important research problems or propose a research agenda in this
area. Also, we intend this to be a participatory and interactive
meeting so we hope you will be able to contribute to the meeting even
without giving an announced talk.

Registration:

Pre-registration deadline: April 28, 2005

Please see website for complete registration information:
http://dimacs.rutgers.edu/Workshops/Commerce/

Information on participation, registration, accomodations, and travel
can be found at:

http://dimacs.rutgers.edu/Workshops/Commerce/

   **PLEASE BE SURE TO PRE-REGISTER EARLY**