Cryptography Research wants piracy speed bump on HD DVDs

Marcel Popescu Marcel_Popescu at microbilt.com
Wed Jan 5 06:44:07 EST 2005

Why not the way it happens right now - re-encoding? Few people post DVD
images of movies on p2p networks, and even when they do, I prefer a DivX or
XviD variant. (Much better given my 'net bandwidth.) I strongly doubt
there's any chance of a watermark surviving an unknown re-encoding process
(DivX has dozens of parameters you can change).

Marcel