SpookAir, redux: No Secrets -- Eyes on the CIA

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Feb 28 12:36:57 EST 2005

    --
On 27 Feb 2005 at 18:53, R.A. Hettinga wrote:
> March 7 issue - Aviation obsessives with cameras and Internet
> connections have become a threat to cover stories established
> by the CIA to mask its undercover operations and personnel
> overseas. U.S. intel sources complain that "plane
> spotters"-hobbyists who photograph airplanes landing or
> departing local airports and post the pix on the
> Internet-made it possible for CIA critics recently to
> assemble details of a clandestine transport system the agency
> set up to secretly move cargo and people-including terrorist
> suspects-around the world.

Brinworld:  They may be watching us, but we are also watching
them.

The large number of surveillance cameras popping up in American
cities has turned out to be no threat to liberty.  Most of them
are privately owned, and their private owners have no
inclination to review their records, unless a real crime has
been committed, and no inclination to hand over to authorities
records that would primarily reveal their own activities.  In
recent incidents where private surviellance camera records were
given to authorities, the authorities received only selected
excerpts, only what the owner of the records chose to reveal.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     PS5fDA87MKS6uCbiF0gJ/R+39ekRuwLazrAsTyAa
     4MxSlekoFzNrLXER1RoAItoikUPxKn3udKQokRxkB