A cool demo of how to spoof sites (also shows how TrustBar preventsthis...)

Ian G iang at systemics.com
Wed Feb 9 16:08:45 EST 2005

Taral wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 07:41:36PM +0200, Amir Herzberg wrote:
>

>Why should I trust you? Filtering xn--* domains works for me, and
>doesn't require that I turn my browser over to unreviewed, possibly
>buggy code.

I understand this is a theoretical question, but
here is an answer:

The plugin is downloadable from a MozDev site,
and presumably if enough attention warrants it,
Amir can go to the extent of signing it with a
cert in Mozilla's code signing regime.

Also, as Amir is a relatively well known name in
the world of crypto I suppose you could consider
his incentives to be more aligned with delivering
good code than code that would do you damage.

iang

--
News and views on what matters in finance+crypto:
        http://financialcryptography.com/