Using TCPA

Eric Murray ericm at lne.com
Fri Feb 4 09:58:18 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 11:51:57AM -0500, Trei, Peter wrote:

> It could easily be leveraged to make motherboards
> which will only run 'authorized' OSs, and OSs
> which will run only 'authorized' software.

[..]

> If you 'take ownership' as you put it, the internal
> keys and certs change, and all of a sudden you
> might not have a bootable computer anymore.

I have an application for exactly that behaviour.
It's a secure appliance.  Users don't run
code on it.  It needs to be able
to verify that it's running the authorized OS and software
and that new software is authorized.
(it does it already, but a TCPA chip might do it better).

So a question for the TCPA proponents (or opponents):
how would I do that using TCPA?

Eric