ADMIN: end of latest SSL discussion

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri Dec 30 19:49:21 EST 2005

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry at piermont.com> writes:

>The latest round of "SSL and X.509 certs in browsers are broken" has gone on
>too long.

It's been a good start though.  The first step towards recovery is admitting
that you have a problem...

Hi.  My name is Peter and I have an X.509 problem.  Initially it was just
small things, a little PKI after lunch, maybe a digital ID after dinner and a
small CRL as a nightcap.  Then I discovered OCSP, and started combining low-
and high-assurance certificates.  It just got worse and worse.  In the end I
was experimenting with cross-certifying CAs and even freebasing trust
anchors.  One morning I woke up in bed next to a giant lizard wearing a
Mozilla t-shirt and knew I had a problem.

It's now been six weeks since my last PKI...

Peter.