new openssh directions

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 05:26:42 EST 2005

Interview with OpenSSH developer:

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/375

ssh.  Various changes to reduce attack possibilities.  My first
encounter with the term "attack surface".

Commentary: TCP over TCP --- retransmit timeout synchrony.  Creeping
featurism?  Ubiquitous network tunnelling is just a revision away.
This is inevitable.

Aside:  I'm currently imagining some kind of network shell that deals
with tunnels between nodes like /bin/sh deals with pipes between
programs.
--
http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/
"Vast emptiness, nothing sacred." -- Bodhidharma -><-