ADMIN: end of latest SSL discussion

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Dec 27 19:15:05 EST 2005

The latest round of "SSL and X.509 certs in browsers are broken" has
gone on too long. I kept hoping after weeks people might get bored,
but they haven't. I'm cutting it off for at least a little while.

I'll entertain new postings only if they propose actual solutions
rather than long philosophical discussions of how we went wrong when
we developed notochords or left the ocean or went bipedal or what have
you.

The unending rant can continue in a few weeks after I've forgotten
about this one.

By the way, this does not apply to any sort of actual technical
discussion (like the discussion of which bignum implementations are
fastest).

Perry