A small editorial about recent events.

David G. Koontz david_koontz at xtra.co.nz
Thu Dec 22 15:58:23 EST 2005

dan at geer.org wrote:
> Clinton's Asst. A.G.
> http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0512210142dec21,0,3553632.story?
> coll=chi-newsopinioncommentary-hed
>
> Dick Morris
> http://www.drudgereport.com/flash7.htm
>

> --dan

Yet President Bush as publicly stated it requires a court order to wiretap:

  "Secondly, there are such things as roving wiretaps. Now, by the way,
any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it
requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by
the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking
about getting a court order before we do so. It's important for our
fellow citizens to understand, when you think Patriot Act,
constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is
necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040420-2.html