How security could benefit from high volume spam

Alexander Klimov alserkli at inbox.ru
Thu Dec 15 04:35:36 EST 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Hadmut Danisch wrote:
> Maybe in near future the advantages of that noise produced by millions
> of bots will outweigh the disadvantages?

First of all, even if you receive 1000 spams a day plus a message from
your commander it does not give you much since the spams are from
random sources and the only one who sends you messages every day is
your headquarters.

OTOH, you can still use, say, yahoo mail and the only trace left in
your ISP is IP of mail.yahoo.com (of course, you should also use
one-time-mail-boxes :-). Provided that almost nobody uses email on
their home PCs (most IP black lists of spam fighters include ISP's
users and thus it is hard to send email directly anyway) all this
address logging seems pointless.

For web-browsing you can use tor. BTW, it looks like I cannot use
google thru tor anymore: the error message says that too many requests
are received from my IP (they try to stop worms which use google to
search for new victims).

--
Regards,
ASK