another feature RNGs could provide

Jason Holt jason at lunkwill.org
Tue Dec 13 03:01:35 EST 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Travis H. wrote:
> One thing I haven't seen from a PRNG or HWRNG library or device is an
> unpredictable sequence which does not repeat; in other words, a
> [cryptographically strong?] permutation.  This could be useful in all

Rich Schroeppel tells me his "Hasty Pudding" cipher can be used to create PRPs
(pseudorandom permutations) of arbitrary size.  It even has the ability to let
you define external functions to help define set membership (for sets which
aren't just composed of the natural numbers).

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=schroeppel+hasty&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Search

 						-J