[Clips] Banks Seek Better Online-Security Tools

Ian G iang at systemics.com
Sun Dec 4 09:51:29 EST 2005

dan at geer.org wrote:
> You know, I'd wonder how many people on this
> list use or have used online banking.
>
> To start the ball rolling, I have not and won't.

I have not!  I declined the chance when my
bank told me that I had to download their
special client that only runs on windows...

However, I have used and/or written many
online DGC tools (which is for the sake of
this discussion, gold-denominated online
payments) which are honed through experience,
incentive and willingness to deal with the
issues.

( As an aside, e-gold was generally the first
to be hit by these problems as well as all the
other problems that have only effected banks
in passing.  Generally the DGC sector is much
more savvy about threats, through repetitive
losses, at least. )

iang