[Clips] Banks Seek Better Online-Security Tools

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sat Dec 3 16:07:13 EST 2005

At 11:05 PM -0500 12/2/05, dan at geer.org wrote:
>You know, I'd wonder how many people on this
>list use or have used online banking.
>
>To start the ball rolling, I have not and won't.

I have, and it's nice for making Quicken data entry faster, but
that's about all. The rest gives me the willies when I see the
security clue of the folks running the site.

FWIW, I have never had a problem changing my password to something
very long and all-alphabetic, even if I don't include "at least one
capital letter and one digit" or whatever the CYA rules for passwords
are these days.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium