online MD5 crack database

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Mon Aug 22 12:41:59 EDT 2005

I should (apparently) add that at the time I did
not know enough to ask relevant questions, but
it was tossed off in such a way as to sound like
that if I did know anything I'd realize the speaker
was telling me something obvious so since it didn't
seem obvious to me then I must not know anything.
Hadn't thought about it since until I saw Perry's
post.

[ Imagine the math professor who having said "It is
obvious that..." steps back from the board for
two full minutes before continuing "... yes, it
is obvious that..." and you have the feel for the
setting two decades ago when I heard the claim. ]

--dan