How many wrongs do you need to make a right?

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Wed Aug 17 09:51:52 EDT 2005

Not to defend PKI, but what about delta-CRLs?

Maybe not available at time of the Navy deployment?  But certainly
meaning that people can download just changes since last update.

Steven writes:
> [alternatives] such as simply publishing the hash of revoked
> certificates,

Well presumably you mean a Merkle hash tree or something?  (A single
hash of all the revoked certs doesn't help you as you don't know which
are revoked and so have insufficient data to go into the hash function
verify if a given cert is on the list.)

Adam