An interesting "new" computer security problem

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Mon Sep 27 14:58:31 EDT 2004

note that was being done with virtual machines in the 60s .... well before
the orange book

there were also a number of commercial time-sharing companies offering
services based on virtual machine technology where possibly mutually
antagonistic clients were using the services.

we had a service that had some of the most sensitive corporate secrets
there were .... on the same machine with all sorts of BU, MIT, and harvard
students.

random past references to some of the in-house as well as commerical
(virtual machine based) time-sharing services from the 60s & 70s:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subtopic.html#timeshare