[anonsec] Re: potential new IETF WG on anonymous IPSec (fwd from hal at finney.org) (fwd from touch at ISI.EDU)

Steven M. Bellovin smb at research.att.com
Fri Sep 17 20:41:56 EDT 2004

In message <4148D335.4010207 at systemics.com>, Ian Grigg writes:
>Peter Gutmann wrote:
>>>
>>>Sounds good.  Who wants to write it...?
>>
>> Since there seems to be at least some interest in this, I'll make a start on
>> it.  If anyone else wants to add their $0.03 to it [0], let me know.
>
>It occurs to me that a number of these ideas could
>be written up over time ... a wiki, anyone?  I think
>it is high past time to start documenting crypto
>patterns.

For RFCs, there are two paths.  If the topic is general enough (and, of
course, the advice is good enough), Russ Housley or I would consider
sponsoring the document as a BCP.  If it's narrow or we're not
interested for some reason (other than quality, of course), it could be
an individual submission.  I encourage both paths.