public-key: the wrong model for email?

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Thu Sep 16 11:54:35 EDT 2004

Given our failure to deploy PKC in any meaningful way*, I think that
systems like Voltage, and the new PGP Universal are great.

* I don't see Verisign's web server tax as meaningful; they accept no
liability, and numerous companies foist you off to unrelted domains.
We could get roughly the same security level from fully opportunistic
or memory-oportunistic models.

Adam