Financial identity is *dangerous*? (was re: Fake companies, real money)

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Oct 25 17:03:15 EDT 2004

At 9:30 AM -0400 10/25/04, Trei, Peter wrote:
>If we're going to insist on dedicated, trusted, physical
>devices for these bearer bonds, then how is this different
>than what Chaum proposed over 15 years ago?

I don't think that face to face will be necessary. It just means keeping
control of your keys, etc. You can stash bearer-bonds on the net in m-of-n
storage, where nobody knows what's what, paid by the bit, etc.

>If you just add a requirment for face to face transactions,
>then I already have one of these - its called a wallet
>containing cash.

Certainly bits are smaller. See above, though.

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA