Printers betray document secrets

Marshall Clow marshall at idio.com
Thu Oct 21 12:16:07 EDT 2004

At 10:44 PM -0700 10/20/04, Bill Stewart wrote:
>At 05:23 PM 10/18/2004, R.A. Hettinga wrote:
>>  <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/technology/3753886.stm>
>
>It's not clear that they work at all with inkjet printers,
>and changing ink cartridges is even more common than
>changing laser printer cartridges.  If you're sloppy,
>you've probably got a bunch of partly-used cartridges around,
>so even if you want to print out a bunch of ransom notes
>or whatever, you don't even have to go to Kinko's
>to get them to be different.

If you're really concerned about this, buy a cheap inkjet,
use it for your purposes, then destroy it.
--
-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall at idio.com>

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.