Kerry Thompson cypher at crypt.gen.nz
Sat May 29 23:36:24 EDT 2004

Perry E. Metzger said:

> This article claims the code for the permissive action links on many
> US nuclear weapons in the 1960s was well known to be 00000000.
>
> http://www.cdi.org/blair/permissive-action-links.cfm

Just 3 years ago I was looking at a portal site for airline pilots. They
had a password field to get in which was all well and good, but there was
a "hint" link for those who had forgotten the password. And on the hint
page it said :

  "The site password is the same four digits as the combination
  lock on the door of the crew locker room at the airport."

So a few lines of perl and an average of 5,000 hits gets you into the site
and into secure areas at the airport. I'm hoping the site has gone by now.

--
Cypher at Crypt.Gen.NZ
www.crypt.gen.nz