Yahoo releases internet standard draft for using DNS as public key server

Adam Fields fields at surgam.net
Fri May 28 15:41:08 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 03:20:52PM -0400, Victor.Duchovni at MorganStanley.com wrote:
[...]
> How soon will the spammers get into the business of hosting free mailboxes
> for people who actually buy spamvertized products. Much easier to send the
> spam to their own users, let them indicate their preferences, set up
> forwarded notifications, ...

Er, doesn't this describe Gmail?

> What things brings us to is that a major part of the problem are of course
> the people who buy the spamvertized products. So long as there is a new
> sucker born every minute, there will also be someone ready to take
> advantage of same.

Yeah...

I'm curious about who these suckers actually are. I've never heard of
anyone buying any spam crap except journalists researching whether or
not you can actually buy spam crap.

Does >anyone< personally know someone who's bought something from a
spammer, for real?

> Can spam be solved through end-user education? "Do not buy spammed
> products" campaign signs right next to the public health signs against
> smoking? "How to not be this minute's sucker" education in schools? :-)

Put that sign right next to the Snapple machine.

--
				- Adam

-----
http://www.adamfields.com