ADMIN: "subscribers only" posting

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Wed May 26 22:34:33 EDT 2004

Moderator's Note:

As of now, if you want to be able to send a message to the list, you
have to be a subscriber. Otherwise, the message will bounce at the
SMTP transaction with my mail server.

The old fashioned method of forwarding non-member posts to the
moderator (me) for approval was swamping me with too much spam to wade
through.

Those of you who habitually post from an address other than the one
you are subscribed under can ask me to put you on a special list of
people who can post but are not subscribed.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but things were just too difficult
to deal with any other way.

Perry
PS Jon Postel's "be conservative in what you send, and liberal in what
you receive" is dead. I miss it, and the sort of network it was a part
of...