Looking for mirror (or: better) sites to host my crypto/security lectures

Amir Herzberg herzbea at macs.biu.ac.il
Sun May 16 12:54:48 EDT 2004

I keep the foils of my courses `intro to applied crypto` and `intro to
secure communication and commerce` online at
http://www.cs.biu.ac.il/~herzbea/book.html. Total of about 15 topics, each
covered by pretty extensive set of foils (planned for between one and four
2-hour sessions for each topic).

However, I've had a lot of complaints about downloading my lectures from
this (university) server, from people outside the university (it seems to
work fine for my students). And fixing the problem here is bound to be
painful. Plus anyway our location is not ideal (in many ways :-).

So, if anyone has a reliable ftp server where I could post the lectures
(and update them via ftp), please let me know. The foils currently take
about 25MB but I think I need at least 50MB and preferably 100MB so I can
put additional stuff. I prefer a non-commercial site, which can be
reasonably reliable and persistent.

In the meanwhile, if you find you cannot download the files, I guess I'll
have to send by e-mail... Unfortunately these are pretty large files.

Needless to say, technical comments and corrections are also (or:
especially) welcome.

Best regards,

Amir Herzberg
Professor, Computer Science Dept., Bar Ilan University
http://amirherzberg.com (information and lectures in cryptography & security)