recommendations/evaluations of free / low-cost crypto libraries

Amir Herzberg amir at herzberg.name
Tue Jun 15 03:17:40 EDT 2004

I will appreciate experience-reports/evaluations/comparisons with free
or low cost (and in particular  zero `per seat` cost) crypto libraries,
especially in C / C++ (or links to web-sites containing them). If I'll
get substantial useful information (off-list) I'll try to compile it and
send to the list. Important aspects include reliability, functionality,
performance, documentation, cost (for development system - no `per seat`
cost!), and licensing terms (in particular can it be used for commercial
products, and any restrictions).

Thanks a lot...
--
Best regards,

Amir Herzberg
Associate Professor, Computer Science Dept., Bar Ilan University
http://amirherzberg.com (information and lectures in cryptography &
security)