RFC 3833 Threat analysis of the domain name system (DNS)

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Wed Aug 25 18:13:08 EDT 2004

as always ... can go to
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/rfcietff.htm

and either scroll down the summary page to the 3833 summary and then
retrieve the actual RFC by clicking on the ".txt=nnnn" field.

In this case it is also possible to click on "Term (term->RFC#)" in the
"RFC's listed by" section ... and then click on "DNSSEC" in the acronym
fastpath section at the top. That brings up the DNSSEC RFCs. ... where
DNSSEC (and/or domain name security) appeared somewhere in the title or
abstract.

as a side note, I've just done about everything possible that I can do with
scanning actual RFCs for references. I did a pass ... where I created a
list of all RFCs ... where the scan didn't produce RFC numbers from a
reference section ... and then scanned those RFCs for anything that looked
like there might be a RFC number anywhere in the body. Then I manually
examined that list of RFCs for how they formated/called the references
section. somewhat more detailed discussion of the references & md5 stuff:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2004k.html#6

         RFC 3833
         Title:      Threat Analysis of the Domain Name System (DNS)
         Author(s):  D. Atkins, R. Austein