Reliance on Microsoft called risk to U.S. security

Paul Walker paul at black-sun.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 18:41:43 EDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 01:51:52PM -0400, Jeroen C.van Gelderen wrote:

> Are you familiar with the KeyKOS and EROS operating systems and/or
> Stiegler's CapDesk, a secure desktop in Java? They are all based on the

Without wishing to belittle the authors (EROS is definitely impressive; I'm
not familiar with the others), I suspect one reason that they don't have
many problems is because very few people use them. If they started to become
more widely used, I wonder how long before compromises would creep in.

--
Paul

I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a
Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot. -- Axel Rose