DC Security Geeks Talk: Analysis of an Electronic Voting System

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Thu Sep 25 12:46:13 EDT 2003

At 02:48 PM 9/24/03 -0400, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
><http://www.cryptonomicon.net/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=463>

>Cryptonomicon.Net -
>
>Talk: Analysis of an Electronic Voting System

Someone needs to inject a story about e-voting fraud into the popular
imagination.
Is Tom Clancy available?  Maybe an anonymous, detailed, plausible, (but
secretly fictional)
blog describing  how someone did this in their podunk county... then
"leak" this to a news reporter..
Failure to be *able* to assure that this *didn't* happen in that podunk
county would make
an important point.

----
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,
 will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend
 the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
                                          -- Charles Babbage