use of A5/2 A5/0 A5/1 in the real world

Barry Wels b.wels at nah6.com
Tue Sep 23 16:30:15 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to compile a list that makes clear what country/continent
uses what type of GSM encryption (A5/0, A5/1 or A5/2). So far, I have
not been able to find any (official) documentation about this.

Searching the net I only found vague examples like 'Irak probably uses A5/0'.

Even tough most of the civilized world will probably use A5/1, there must
be enough places where A5/2 is used. If you don't know a complete list,
but know from first hand what countries use A5/2 or A5/0, I would like to
hear from you.

Ofcourse the list will be publicly available once it's completed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

With regards,

Barry Wels