Code breakers crack GSM cellphone encryption

Olle Mulmo mulmo at pdc.kth.se
Mon Sep 8 05:54:28 EDT 2003

DCMA comes to mind: it could potentially make it a little harder to get
your hands on any mass market eavesdropping tool.

If you are terribly concerned about this, there are end-to-end encryption
phones on the market that are used by military and others already today.
Such systems come with a price tag though: As for me, the ordinary end
user, I just have be as careful with what I say or trust when communicating
over the phone as when I'm using email.

But that should have already been the case, had I thought things through,
and shouldn't come as a shock.

/Olle