cryptographic ergodic sequence generators?

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Sat Sep 6 21:11:20 EDT 2003

You might also look at RC5-16.  RC5 is defined on 64, 32, 16 and 8 bit
words with respectively 128, 64, 32 and 16 bit block sizes.

Using counter-mode as suggested by someone earlier in the thread would
be the obvious way to get a sequence with a period of 2^n.

The Yarrow RNG uses counter-mode as a PRNG.  However in the paper they
describe some effects you may want to avoid by re-keying depending on
your application as the stream becomes distinguishable from random
output.

Adam