OpenSSL *source* to get FIPS 140-2 Level 1 certification

Anton Stiglic astiglic at okiok.com
Fri Sep 5 13:32:21 EDT 2003

Really exiting news.  If I'm not mistaken, this would be the first free,
open-source,
crypto library that has FIPS 140 module certification!  Other free
open-source
libraries have algorithms that have been FIPS 140 certified, but the whole
module
hasn't been certified (exemple Cryptlib and Crypto++).

And OpenSSL crypto module runs on all kinds of platforms.  Really nice!

--Anton