Speaking of RFIDs [Was: Re: Call for Participation: RFID Privacy and Security Workshop at MIT, November 15th]

Adam Fields fields at surgam.net
Tue Sep 2 15:51:03 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 12:04:55PM -0400, Simson Garfinkel wrote:
>                       RFID PRIVACY AND SECURITY
>                           -WORKSHOP @ MIT-
>                        CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

I'd like to develop a consumer application using RFIDs, but I've been
having trouble finding relatively basic information such as what kind
of a radio transceiver is needed to read them. Can the bluetooth
radios that seem to have very little other purpose be used for this?

Any good pointers for where to get started on RFID development, and
more importantly, how to secure such products (other than the
workshop, which I will not be able to attend)?

--
				- Adam

-----
Adam Fields, Managing Partner, fields at surgam.net
Surgam, Inc. is a technology consulting firm with strong background in
delivering scalable and robust enterprise web and IT applications.
http://www.adamfields.com