Open Source (was Simple SSL/TLS - Some Questions)

Peter Clay pete at flatline.org.uk
Thu Oct 9 06:26:57 EDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Peter Gutmann wrote:

> IP-over-TCP has some potential performance problems, see

Yeah. I hope they won't be too serious. My understanding is that links
with few tunnelled connections and low packet loss work OK.

> >If someone out there wants to write VPN software that becomes widely used,
> >then they should make a free IP-over-TCP solution that works on Windows and
> >Linux which uses password authentication.
>
> Some guy called Ylonen already did this in 1995 :-).

That's just TCP tunnelling, or are there SSH implementations with virtual
network interfaces that I don't know about?

Pete
--
Peter Clay                                         | Campaign for   _  _| .__
                                                   | Digital       /  / | |