RFID Privacy Workshop @ MIT - November 15th

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Oct 8 08:56:56 EDT 2003

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 23:51:03 -0400 (EDT)
To: "R.A." <rah at ibuc.com>
From: "Simson L. Garfinkel, RFID Privacy Workshop Chair" <simsong at mit.edu>
Subject: RFID Privacy Workshop @ MIT - November 15th

Dear Workshop Registrant,

Thank you for registering for the RFID Privacy Workshop at MIT.
This email confirms your registration!

WORKSHOP NEWS:

* Currently, 65 people have registered for the workshop:

* The agenda has been posted at
  http://www.rfidprivacy.org/agenda.php. Highlights include:

	* Morning Keynote by Mario Rivas, Executive Vice President,
          Philips Semiconductors.

	* Follow-up to the keynote, "STOP RFID," by Katherine
          Albrecht, CASPIAN.

	* Second follow-up, "Physics of RFID," by Matt Reynolds, at
          Thing Magic.

	* Afternoon Keynote: "Mistakes Were Made: RFID and the Press,"
          by Peter de Jager

	* Nine other papers and presentations on the topic of RFID
          Privacy will be presented.

	* One panel discussion

	* RFID Privacy "Town Meeting" with substantial interaction
          from participants.

LOGISTIC INFORMATION:

* The workshop will be held at the Bartos Theater at the MIT Media
  Laboratory on Saturday, November 15th, from 9:00am - 5:00pm. (Please
  note the new time!)

* We have made arrangements with both Hotel at MIT and with the Boston
  Cambridge Marriott to secure special rates for the conference.

	Marriott: The rate at the Marriott is $149/night with
	$10/night extra for high-speed internet service.  The Marriott
	is a 3 minute walk from the Bartos Theater.

	Hotel at MIT: The rate at Hotel at MIT is $139/night with high-speed
	internet access included. Hotel at MIT is a 15 minute walk from
	the Bartos Theater.

	We have only reserved 10 rooms at each, so book early!

	NOTE: These rates are probably higher than what you could do
	if you reserve a room the night before using Expedia or
	Orbitz. (I once got a room at Hotel at MIT for $69!) The danger
	of this approach, though, is that the hotels might be full on
	the night of the 14th.

   See our website for details on how to get the special rates!

* We have secured sponsorship from MIT Computer Science and Artificial
  Intelligence Laboratory, MIT Media Lab, and RSA Security. Because of
  these sponsorships, there is a good chance that we will be able to
  waive the $40 workshop fee for pre-registered attendees. Stay tuned
  to the website for further information.

* We have set up a BLOG that is tracking press announcements in this
  area. If you would like to contribute to the blog, drop me a note
  and I will set you up as a contributor. Anybody can comment on blog
  entries.

As always, if you have any questions, please drop us a note.

Simson L. Garfinkel
RFID Privacy Workshop, November 15th @MIT

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA