Other OpenSSL-based crypto modules FIPS 140 validated?

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Oct 7 04:20:18 EDT 2003

"Nathan P. Bardsley" <nathan at player.org> writes:

>Anecdotally, I've heard that there are many, but almost all of them were done
>by vendors for embedding in their proprietary products.

Ditto.  The problem is that when vendors have spent $100K+ on the
certification, they're very reluctant to give anyone else (and specifically
their competitors) the benefits of their expenditure, so you end up getting
the same thing re-certified over and over for private use, rather than a
single generally-usable version being certified.

Peter.