anonymity +- credentials

Anton Stiglic astiglic at okiok.com
Mon Oct 6 11:20:52 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "bear" <bear at sonic.net>
To: "John S. Denker" <jsd at av8n.com>
Cc: "R. A. Hettinga" <rah at shipwright.com>; <cryptography at metzdowd.com>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: anonymity +- credentials

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, John S. Denker wrote:
>
> >We need a practical system for anonymous/pseudonymous
> >credentials.  Can somebody tell us, what's the state of
> >the art?  What's currently deployed?  What's on the
> >drawing boards?
>
> The state of the art, AFAIK, is Chaum's credential system.

The state of the art is Brands' credentials.

A technical overview of digital credentials by Stefan Brands:
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/brands02technical.html

A white paper from Zeroknowledge systems during the time
Stefan visited ZKS:
http://osiris.978.org/~brianr/crypto-research/anon/www.freedom.net/products/whitepapers/credsnew.pdf

Description of example protocols that use this stuff in practice,
which I wrote with Ariel Glenn, Ian Goldberg and Frédéric
Légaré during the time we implemented the protocols at
ZKS :
http://crypto.cs.mcgill.ca/~stiglic/Papers/brands.pdf

--Anton