OOAPI-SSL/TLS (Was: Simple SSL/TLS - Some Questions)

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sat Oct 4 16:39:59 EDT 2003

 Rich Salz wrote:

> You know about Wei's Crypto++, right?

I use it and like it.  I don't have to dig into the guts very often, which is
good because I don't like mucking around in C++.

You have to understand templates to understand the API.  The docs are spartan,
but the design is clean so it is okay.

It's difficult to compile on new platforms, new versions of compilers, etc.,
but that's probably true of any C++ library that doesn't deliberately restrict
itself to a small subset of C++'s features.

> If you keep our C++ reasonably simple (no templates) then SWIG
> (http://www.swig.org) will make the scripting language glue code for you
> automatically.

I use SWIG and like it.  They say that the new SWIG handles templates better
than good old 1.1.

I haven't tried SWIG on Crypto++.  I would really *like* for someone else to
do so and share the results...

Regards,

Zooko