anonymous DH & MITM

Taral taral at taral.net
Fri Oct 3 15:00:36 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 02:16:22PM -0400, Jerrold Leichter wrote:
> The Interlock Protocol doesn't provide this - it prevents the MITM from
> modifying the exchanged messages, but can't prevent him from reading them.
> It's not clear if it can be achieved at all.  But it does make sense as a
> security spec.

Hardly. Just perform DH exchange over the interlock protocol. By your
own admission, the MITM could not change the factors being exchanged,
and by DH, the MITM cannot then know what the resulting key data is.

--
Taral <taral at taral.net>
This message is digitally signed. Please PGP encrypt mail to me.