DH with shared secret

Xunhua Wang wangxx at jmu.edu
Fri Oct 3 13:45:26 EDT 2003

Your scheme might work for a long random secret. However, if the shared
secret is a short one (say a password), depending on how the key
confirmation is performed, it would still be vulnerable to off-line
dictionary attacks. More related information can be found at
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1363/passwdPK/index.html. Steve