Monoculture

John Saylor johns at worldwinner.com
Wed Oct 1 12:00:28 EDT 2003

hi

( 03.09.30 20:39 -0700 ) kent at songbird.com:
> And, given the recent set of widely publicized flaws in openssl and
> openssh, I think that concern about monoculture in cryptography
> software is pretty damn well founded.

except for the fact that these holes get fixed as opposed to the other
flaws in the true monoculture computing environment [m$ windows] that
get denied, then fixed [at a later date, and with no external review of
the fix code possible].

the monoculture you refer to [ssl/ssh] is brought on by the
effectiveness of this software to allow for some measure of secure
network computing. a lot of people use it because it works.

but you're probably just trolling anyway ...

--
\js