Open Source Embedded SSL - (AES)

J Harper jsec at peersec.com
Wed Nov 26 20:40:59 EST 2003

I've just taken a look.  This OCB mode for AES looks really interesting.
Encryption and MAC in one pass! Wait, OCB is patented.  That's not in
the spirit of AES :-)  I suppose one could do a user defined cipher
suite for AES OCB, if both client and server knew about it.  Anyway...
must focus on current release.

Any word on whether it's OK to use the TLS AES cipher suite with SSLv3?