2002 Turing Award Lecture Available Online

Perry E.Metzger perry at piermont.com
Thu Nov 20 16:09:44 EST 2003

Forwarded:

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:39:26 -0500 (EST)
From: acm-mem1 at hq.acm.org
Subject: 2002 Turing Award Lecture Available Online

The 2002 Turing Award Lecture by the winners of ACM's
most prestigious technical award is now available online
in a variety of formats at:
http://www.acm.org/turingawardlecture/RSA/

The 2002 Turing Award was presented on June 7, 2003, to
Drs. Ronald L. Rivest, Adi Shamir and Leonard M. Adleman,
the developers of the RSA encryption code, for their seminal
contributions to the theory and practical application of public
key cryptography.

The presentations were recorded in three sections at the
Turing Award Lecture event in San Diego, CA, on June 8, 2003.

Available for viewing are Dr. Ronald L. Rivest’s presentation
on the "Early Days of RSA", Dr. Adi Shamir's talk on
"Cryptology: A Status Report", and  Dr. Leonard M. Adleman's
address on "Pre-RSA."

The presentations can be viewed as a complete series with
slides, or separately as lectures, audio portions or slides alone.

We hope you will take the opportunity to access these important
and high quality presentations in the near future, and we’re
eager to hear your feedback regarding access to this type of
multimedia presentation. Please send you comments and
feedback to acmhelp at acm.org .

Sincerely,

John R. White
ACM CEO
http://www.acm.org

(Depending on your email system, you may need to cut and
paste the entire link above into your browser.)