[Lucrative-L] Bloom filters in Java

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu May 15 01:47:19 EDT 2003

--- begin forwarded text

From: "Patrick" <patrick at lfcgate.com>
To: <lucrative-l at lucrative.thirdhost.com>
Subject: [Lucrative-L] Bloom filters in Java
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:57:52 -0600
Sender: owner-lucrative-l at lucrative.thirdhost.com

	I'm looking for a generalized Bloom Filter implementation in
Java. So far I've identified that OceanStore uses a Bloom filter in its
ostore.bloom package, but the implementation seems to be specialized to
their needs.

	I'd rather not build my own Bloom filter if I don't have to, for
the same reason that I use Sun's hashtables and linked lists.

	If anyone can point me to a generalized (hopefully open source)
Bloom filter package in Java, I would appreciate it.

	Bloom filters are a nifty way of doing have-I-seen-it caches and
I believe Lucrative servers could use them in certain cases to reduce
calls to the database.

Thanks,

Patrick

The Lucrative Project: http://lucrative.thirdhost.com
To subscribe or unsubscribe from this discussion list,
write to lucrative-l-request at lucrative.thirdhost.com
with just the word "unsubscribe" in the message body
(or, of course, "subscribe")

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA