faster modexp()? cipheractive

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sun May 11 19:36:45 EDT 2003

At 11:32 AM 05/10/2003 -0700, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
>Forwarded from cryptography list... note that this company has a
>download of their fast RSA library (its probably an assembly hack)
>
>Anyone heard of these guys?  An Isreali technology firm that claims to
>have a new patent-pending process for modexp that's 3-6 times faster
>depending on playtform.
>
>URL is at http://www.com/technology/technology.htm

  http://www.cipheractive.com/technology/technology.htm

I haven't downloaded and seen whether you need to disassemble the
free crippleware to figure out what it's really doing,
but my friend John Doe tried unsuccessfully to do so,
and perhaps a human will respond to the log messages tomorrow.
It wants some kind of public key, probably a raw hex RSA key.

Two obvious methods for them to use are
- some interesting mathematical breakthrough like Montgomery Multiplication
only faster
         (ok, how to make such a breakthrough isn't obvious,
         but what to do with it if you had one is.)
- no new math, just building a modexp library that uses
         vector processing features on Intel-like chips like SSE / SSE2 / etc.