Randomness

Paul Onions paul_onions at siliconinfusion.com
Fri May 9 04:37:15 EDT 2003

On Thursday 08 May 2003 3:07 pm, Ben Laurie wrote:

> It was my intention, and perhaps I should make it clearer, that the only
> difference between insecureprng() and the other PRNGs is the source of
> entropy. Hence, it does not leak state any more than the rest do.
> Clearly if the insecureprng() uses a cryptographically weak algorithm
> then it cannot share state.

Oh okay.  But a small doubt still remains - is a secure-PRNG still a
secure-PRNG when multiple instantiations are run in parallel and (at least
partially) sharing the same state information?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this question has been addressed
in the literature.

Regards,
Paul(o)