The Pure Crypto Project's Hash Function

David Honig dahonig at cox.net
Sat May 3 19:58:23 EDT 2003

At 08:41 PM 5/3/03 +0200, Ralf Senderek wrote:
>And the original question was not why I am not willing to use sha1 but
>if the Pure Crypto Hash is secure. I really would like to know the
>list's assessment on this.
>

>Comments and criticism always welcome.
>
>Ralf.

RSA is a fine encryption function if you don't mind
it being a thousand times or so slower than a 'conventional
block cipher.  Its as trusted as AES (snort) or less
government approved ciphers.

Obviously folks here haven't figured out that you're
getting this tattooed onto your skin :-) in which
case conciseness beats implementation speed.

PS: "PCP" in American english denotes a dissociative
anesthetic, sometimes abused, so caveat emptor.