Attacking networks using DHCP, DNS - probably kills DNSSEC NOT

Kevin Neely ktneely at astroturfgarden.com
Mon Jun 30 16:22:26 EDT 2003

Once upon a time, bear sent Kevin a note that said...

> I think that the problem would be somewhat ameliorated if there
> were a DNS cache on the laptop itself.  It would still use DNS
> servers, but if it got a different IP number for the same address,
> it should notify someone.

Win2k and WinXP have a cache for the resolver.  To show it, type 'ipconfig /displaydns' in a command prompt.   To clear it (which is a good troubleshooting tactic) us 'ipconfig /flushdns'

In Vino Veritas
http://userguide.mozdev.org
http://astroturfgarden.com/~ktneely