DIMACS Tutorial on Applied Cryptography and Network Security: NJ, Aug 4-7

Amir Herzberg amir at herzberg.name
Tue Jun 24 06:12:59 EDT 2003

During August 4-7, I'll give, together with Markus Jakobsson, Angelos
Keromytis, Hugo Krawczyk, and Rebecca Wright, a `crash course on
cryptography and its applications to secure networking and electronic
commerce`, in DIMACS (located in Piscataway, central New Jersey). For
details, program etc. see
http://dimacs.rutgers.edu/Workshops/ComputerSecurity/.

This is a non-profit operation and indeed fees are very reasonable (regular
250$, and 125$ discount for students, post-docs, etc.; and this includes
lunch etc.), and they even say they may give financial aid when necessary.
I hope we  made a good program (much of it based on my lectures/foils, see
at http://amir.herzberg.name/book.html), and that this would be a nice
opportunity for people to refresh themselves on some of the fundamentals
and see some new perspectives, or simply to get a quick introduction to the
areas of applied cryptography and secure communication and commerce. So
please consider joining us, and forward to forums or individuals that may
be interested.